10 Rules of Re-gifting!
Gifting is synonymous with the holidays. On the one hand, it’s so much fun to receive them. On the other hand, it can be a pain to know which gifts to give to the right people. Here at Isle of Capri Casino Hotel® Lake Charles, we want to help save the most time, and a great way to do that is to re-gift! Now a very acceptable form of gifting, the key is making sure you do it right. For all those willing to give it a try, here are some sure-fire ways to make your re-gifting go as smoothly as possible.
1. Don’t Re-gift to Mutual Friends: Make sure that whoever gave you the gift originally doesn't know the person who you plan to re-gift to.
2. Don’t Re-gift Something You’ve Already Used: There’s just no good way to hide this. People will usually be able to tell!
3. Do Re-wrap the Re-gift: You need to take the same care in wrapping your re-gift as you originally received it. It may be an extra step, but it ensures authenticity!
4. Don’t Re-gift a Crappy Item: We don’t think anyone is going to want, "Alvin and The Chipmunks Greatest Hits."
5. Do Re-gift to Charity: Maybe you’ve received a really wonderful gift, but it’s something you already have and can’t use. Instead of re-gifting to friends, consider re-gifting to an awesome charity.
6. Do Re-gift Gag Gifts: You can never go wrong with the gift of laughter. Hopefully your gag gift isn’t too offensive. If done right, they can be the gift that keeps on giving!
7. Do Examine Your Re-gift: This step is crucial. You want to thoroughly examine your re-gift for any inscriptions, damage, monograms, etc. Picture this: your lovely friend Amy opens the front page of her gifted book that reads, “Happy Holidays, Joe.” Aaaawkward.
8. Don’t Re-gift Homemade Personal Items: No matter how much you loathe a homemade gift item, for the love of all things classy, please don’t re-gift it. Respect the time and effort it took grandma to crochet that Christmas Sweater.
9. Don’t Re-gift to the Same Person: Duh! Seems like a no-brainer, but it’s happened before. If auntie gave you a tin cookie container, please don’t re-gift this back to her. This is why it’s crucial that you don’t let too much time go by before re-gifting.
10. Don’t Forget to Thank the Gift Gods: If you manage to re-gift flawlessly, it’s important to show your gratitude to the Gift Gods. You’ll need their support for next year.
In the spirit of giving, we’ve created a little promotion of our own. Our Gift Days Promotion will be taking place every Sunday until December 20, from 12-5 p.m. Earn 250 tier points or have 2 hours of rated table play to receive a free holiday cookie jar! Supplies are limited, so hurry down!
National Re-Gifting Day is December 17. With the holidays rapidly approaching, it’s time to establish a plan of action. Remember all you’ve learned from this list, and happy re-gifting!